Sr. Software Test Engineer
Senior Software Test Engineer
Whether you are just curious to see if there is something better out there, or caught up in the economic downturn, you won’t want to miss this opportunity! This is the perfect opportunity for a Senior Software Test Engineer who wants to work with a company that’s thriving! This is an opportunity to work with an innovative company specializing in power systems technologies.
The Senior Software Test Engineer will receive competitive compensation and bonus, amazing benefits package, work/life balance, challenging projects and the opportunity to work with a talented team who loves what they do! Work with a leadership team that truly appreciates a job well done.
Take the first step and apply today…. Let’s explore the possibilities….
Looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to verify the software of our industry leading smart grid products in Chicago, IL. We are seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer who enjoys automating projects. The products are intelligent embedded software devices that can operate autonomously, as well as coordinating with each other through radio communication.
The Senior Software Test Engineer will be responsible for:
- Sr. Software Test Engineer will develop detailed test requirements by working side-by-side with the product, hardware, and software team
- Develop project schedules, test plans, tasks, and test cases for test cycles
- Develop and maintain automated test systems in a low power environment to exercise software functionalities, such as protection settings
- Understand and utilize electrical power concepts
- Troubleshoot and conduct test failure analysis
- Effectively work with engineering to ensure on-time product delivery
- Maintain product focus and quality
- Perform improvement activities (Kaizen) to enhance existing processes
Requirements for the Sr. Software Test Engineer include
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Power Engineering,
- Proficient in at least one programming languages such as C#, LabVIEW, C++, Java, and Shell/Perl/Python scripting
- Experience with developing and running manual test for embedded software
- Experience with Test case management tool like qTest
- Experience with issue tracking tools in JIRA
- Able to work effectively in a team setting
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, and project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with developing and running automated test in LabVIEW or C#
- Experience in building automated test station in LabVIEW
- Certified LabVIEW Developer or Certified LabVIEW Architect
- Experience in using Wireshark
- Experience in using ASE Test Sets