Supervisor - Assembly
Ready for an exciting change in 2020? We have an awesome opportunity for an Assembly Supervisor. You will have the opportunity to work with a company that’s thriving! Offering competitive compensation, outstanding benefits package, work/life balance and tremendous advancement opportunity! You will work on projects that will make a positive impact on the lives of people worldwide.
Take the first step and apply today! Let’s explore the possibilities!
This Assembly Supervisor will provide supervision for the second shift and will work harmoniously with other shifts, Supervisors, and team members to ensure mutual goals are met for the Production area in Building 12. The focus will be on meeting Chicago Assembly expectations for quality, safety and productivity. The Assembly Supervisor will give constant attention to detail, possess good problem-solving skills and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Working cooperatively with the assembly team to achieve safety, quality, and productivity goals
· Prioritizing and scheduling the assembly workload
· Performing planning functions to ensure the timely availability of staffing and materials
· Maintaining an on-time shipping performance of at least 95%
· Setting and maintaining high levels of product quality
· Providing the necessary direction to attain high levels of employee productivity
· Promoting safety awareness and housekeeping, and investigating and reporting on safety incidents
· Contributing input and monitoring departmental budgets
· Conducting performance appraisals for employees
· Providing recommendations or initiating decisions regarding hires, promotions, corrective action and terminations
· Conducting team-building meetings to promote continuous improvement principles.
Identify training and skill development to meet departmental needs using Training Within Industry (TWI) and standard work methodology where possible
· Associates degree in a technical or related field, or equivalent experience
· Leadership, supervision experience, or project management experience
· Technical aptitude and knowledge of assembly processes and equipment, e.g. high mix/low volume production environment
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, e.g. 4-Step Problem Solving process, FMEA
· Proven team building and change management skills to coach, mentor, and empower team members throughout the organization
· Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and good PC skills, e.g. Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to manipulate data from Oracle and other programs to pareto daily defects for multiple product lines, create DPU charts, and customer satisfaction reports
· Relevant Work Experience:
Four years of experience combining: Guiding team members in a project or have supervisory level responsibility, hands on project management and a 2-year degree (or equivalent), and working for or with assembly operations.