Supplier Quality Engineer
Exciting opportunity in Chicago for a Supplier Quality Engineer. You will have the opportunity to work with an innovative company specializing in power systems. This is a company that's thriving! You will receive competitive compensation, outstanding benefits package, work/life balance, and work with a talented team that loves what they do!
Take the first step and explore the possibilities.... You will be happy you did!
Supplier Quality Engineer Responsibilities
- Work with suppliers to improve quality performance, implement process controls and reduce the cost of poor quality for suppliers.
- Utilize Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools for new product, revisions, and/or supplier changes.
- Utilize various Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies to develop key suppliers, product lines, and manage the project schedules of these activities.
- Problem solve quality issues with the supplier, Sourcing, Product Engineering, and Production Operations staff to assure that Supplier Corrective Action Plans are developed and executed.
- Provide input into Supplier Selection processes so that suppliers are awarded based on Total Cost of Ownership models rather than chosen solely for commercial reasons .
- Perform supplier evaluations as part of cross-functional teams.
- This position may involve frequent and extensive travel and at times the travel may be on short notice.
- Participate in supplier quality and supplier corrective action process
- Improve supplier product and process quality
- Determine root cause and corrective actions
- Investigate root cause and corrective actions
- Resolve supplier quality related issues
- Manage corrective action and quality improvement activities
- Perform root cause analysis of product quality issues
- Determine root cause and corrective action plans
- Implement and verify corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Resolving customer quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on process and product quality issues
- Obtain corrective actions from suppliers
- Accomplish internal quality system audits
- Identify root cause analysis and establish corrective actions
- Manage the supplier corrective action report
- Conduct internal quality process and product audits
- Improve product quality and manufacturing processes
- Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain supplier quality scorecard
- Assist supplier quality manager with supplier improvement process and/or development activities
- Lead or assist in root cause corrective actions
- Lead quality problem solving process for supplier related issues