Curious to see what's out there? We have an opportunity to work with an innovative company in Chicago that's thriving! Even in this economy, this is a company that has been highly successful! It's a company that offers the opportunity to work on state of the art projects that will keep you engaged. A company that provides competitive compensation, outstanding benefits package, work/life balance and the opportunity to work with a talented team that loves what they do!
Take the first step and explore the possibilities... apply today..... You have everything to gain!!!
We are searching for a Tool Designer responsible for designing production tooling including stamping and forming dies, fixtures, gages, assembly tooling and product test equipment in addition to making improvements to existing tooling. The Tool Designer will utilize 3D CAD with Solid Edge software in the new design or redesign of tools in addition to problem solving of various types of tooling. The Tool Designer will work from various types of drawings and blueprints ranging from hand drawn documents or detailed drawings to complicated CAD generated assemblies.
Responsibilities of the Tool Designer include:
- The ability to design and troubleshoot various types of tools including stamping / forming dies, fixtures, gages and assembly tooling.
- Responsible for the quality of completed assignments.
- Problem solving and developing solutions for various types of tooling problems.
- Understand the properties and characteristics of various tool steels and their applications.
- Understand the properties of other metals such as mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, and bronze and how they are affected by the stresses of machining and forming.
- Associates degree preferred or similar work experience working as a tool maker or master machinist.
- Must have 3D CAD experience
- Ability to use and apply shop mathematics including geometry, trigonometry and machinery's handbook formulas as required to compete assignments.
- Must be able to read and create drawings using a CAD station. Good math skills. Basic understanding of metal cutting machines and processes.